Thursday, June 16, 2011

Fundraiser for Baby Wu



Photography Prop's and Fun Auction For Baby Wu's Surgery



After weeks of worrying and trying to figure out what to do so that we will have the monies to pay for the expenses associated with our daughter's major surgery this fall, I decided to start with a simple and fun little auction for photographers, using props and accessories as fun items to auction off.


It's been rather therapeutic and fun as I reached out to many friends, etsy sellers and even strangers who were willing to donate items, graciously to help with our daughter's surgery expenses.


So let the bidding begin! Don't forget to leave contact information in your post.


I will list the each item, the seller's link to their store and you will have two weeks to come back or help spread the word.


Let me first say that I am totally grateful for the support of those who donated to this auction and those who've listened to my concerns.  Remember every dollar counts and will go towards the $10,000 out of pocket expenses not associated with her adoption.  The 2 or 3 part surgery will be at John's Hopkin's Medical Center, in Baltimore, MD which is about 2 hours from our home.  Her hospitalization will require a 12 hour procedure to replace her bladder back inside her tiny body, repair her female parts and stabilize and fix her pelvis (which means grafting, internal and external fixation).  It's more than I can take in right now, considering she's just a baby, but I have the utmost faith in a fabulous muli-disciplinary team that will give our child a normal life, and that is what I am going to focus on. 

Second, if anyone would like more information on Bladder Exstrophy please contact the Association for the Bladder Exstrophy Community where there is a wealth of information for patients and families.

Also visit The Division of Pediatric Urology at John's Hopkin's Medical Center 

Please feel free to contact me with questions on Exstrophy as I hope to become an advocate for children with this defect.
Thank you all for coming by to help. 

1 comment:

  1. redmaryjanes said...
    I would like to bid $20.00 for the Vintage Lucy! Kimberley/Sophia Jane Boutique www.timnkim@gmail.com
    June 16, 2011 8:47 AM
    Mom to my China Posse said...
    I would like to bid 35.00 for item 12, the wall art. Beautiful!
    June 16, 2011 5:55 PM

    ReplyDelete